Frustrated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated

I just spent 3 hours face timing a friend who needed help because they were going through a difficult time with issues and stuff but when I say that I'm not okay or I've been feeling sad they completely ignore me. Why does it feel like I'm being used and then stepped on and then thrown in the garbage? Why can't I have a friend that actually cares about me for once?

It's great that you want to help your friend and it sounds like you have done everything that a good friend can do! As great as it is that you are there to listen, also realize that it is not your responsibility to make sure she gets better and if her issues drain you too much, then it is okay to limit how long you stay on the phone. Have you tried talking to your friends about how you feel? Perhaps your friends don’t realize that they are making you feel stepped on or used. Just a thought? Friendships definitely should be mutual rather than one sided, so it is okay to express yourself see if it helps! If you want to talk more about this or anything you can call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X