SociAlly awkward

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SociAlly awkward

I used to have a bunch of friends and I only hung out with 2 of them last semester bc I spent a lot of time with my boyfriend and got a 4.0. I've been depressed and in my own world this semester and ppl have told me I've become socially awkward. I apparently have an awkward way of starting conversations to no one in particular. I've tried to get back with the friends I've had when I first came to college and they have all been "busy" when I wanted to hang out with them. Are they busy am I awkward? It's not like they dislike me bc I still always talk to them when I run into them we just never hang out and when i invite them they are busy. They used to mAke time to hang out Witt me when we were friends b4. How do I get my friends back?

I am glad that you reached out to 2ndfloor. Are you still with your boyfriend? I think it might help if you speak to your friends, maybe individually and let them know how you feel. Ask them if there is a problem because every time you ask them to hang out they can't. Maybe they truly are busy with school and other things. You need to be honest with them and let them know that you hope that you can continue being friends with them and you would like to hang out more often. I am not sure what you mean by socially awkward but maybe ask the people that said that to you and what they meant by it. Also, maybe you can try to make new friends too. Sometimes people grow apart. Maybe join some clubs at school, that is always a good way to meet people. Please try some of the suggestions and if you need additional support, you can reach out by message board, phone, or text. Our number is 888-222-2228, and we are available 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X