Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem

My mom has been abusive towards me for a long time and I have found that I have gotten so much quieter over the years because of it. But recently I have realized I have lost the desire to talk altogether and simply don't want to do it. I don't want to talk to anyone. Maybe if I really needed to I could write things down? I have looked into selective muteness and social anxiety disorders but I don't want to self-diagnose. I feel like if I speak at all I'm going to get screamed at even if its someone who's nice or if I'm even just answering a question in class. There's just this constant fear of being shamed for talking and I can't find it in myself to talk anymore. I think if I try to explain this to someone they will call me silly simply because they have known me to speak previously. I have so much anxiety about what would happen if I stopped speaking amd listened to myself and I don't know what to do. Sorry if I sound dumb.

You really don't sound dumb at all, you sound like a person that feels like their opinion or thoughts don't matter, which couldn't be further from the truth. You are important and what you have to say is important. If you've been raised in an environment where you get yelled at for talking or expressing an opinion, it makes sense that you're scared to speak up now. Take some time for yourself and speak with someone about what you're experiencing like a school counselor, church elder or supportive family member...maybe even look into mental health therapy. Lastly, when you say you're mother is abusive to you, if you're being injured or abused in some way by her, you can reach out to DCP&P for help at 1-877-NJ ABUSE and report what is happening to you. They are there to help. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X