My life feels like it isn't worth it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My life feels like it isn't worth it

Been waiting for 6 minutes on the help line. Really depressed and my parents just keep yelling at me and I know I can't hurt myself or do anything because I've been clean for a year... But my mom keeps telling my to clam it when I cry. She wont let me close my door either because she thinks I'll try something.
    Between college apps and senior year AP classes and the Fall play which we have had no rehearsal for but are expected to perform in 2 weeks because my director is a crazy shit head who's self involved but tricks people into thinking he's a good guy, I'm spent. My therapist's contract ends in December, because my CMO's boss wants to discontinue me from in-home therapy.
    My parents continuously and randomly check my phone, and just criticize me.
    It's been 9 min on the hot line now. I hung up. I'll try a different hotline... I don't know what to expect.
    I'm just really depressed.
    I don't feel safe anywhere. I don't know where to go or who to talk to. My whole life seems like a pointless endless spiral of decay.

We are glad that you reached out to 2ndfloor. I am sorry that you felt we were not available. Our lines get busy but now you can text us as well to (888) 222-2228. We are here to help and there is hope. Please reach out to a counselor at school, a friend, your therapist or someone else close to you. Many teens have similar struggles like you do, so you need to know that you are not in this alone. While senior year is exciting with the anticipation of graduation it can also be very stressful due to all the demands. Please work with your in home therapist so that you can develop strategies when you are stressed out. It is also important to have them attend a session with you and therapist so you can let them know you are not feeling supported and really need their support. It is perfectly fine to ask your counselor for help you through college app process. Maybe getting a timeline so you do not feel so much pressure. Here are some resources that may also help: Hope Center Hotline-(800) 784-2433 or their website-www.njhopeline.com/index.htm. Also, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline-(800) 273-8255 or their website-http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. You can call us at 2ndfloor 24/7-888-222-2228 or text daily. You are not alone! Please reach out because you have a lot of reasons to live... and you are probably not seeing any of that now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X