Body Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Issues

I started high school and few weeks ago and recently found out that we have to change clothes for gym class, unlike in middle school we didn't, and I am really self-conscious about my body and I'm not comfortable changing in the locker rooms with other people there. There is an option to opt out of gym but then you have to do another sport, which I am also uncomfortable doing because I have social anxiety and you need to wear certain uniforms (also self-conscious about). I talked to my mom about not doing gym or a sport but she said I can't do that because the school probably wouldn't allow it unless I had a good reason for it. I didn't tell her that the reason I don't want to do gym is because I hate my body because then she would take me to see a physiatrist and I don't want that right now or have the time.

Why don't you try talking to the school's nurse and asking if you can change in there before you have gym, you can also talk to the guidance counselor so she can help you with the nurse. You don't have to be afraid to talk to them about it, just say something like.. you have social anxiety when you have to change in a group setting and get really uncomfortable. Maybe even ask your mom to talk to guidance if you feel more comfortable with that. Listen, lots of people are not comfortable changing in front of other people so don't be ashamed of that and you are also a teenage whose body is changing. Its not uncommon for teens to feel self conscious about there appearance at one time or another so give yourself a break and talk to the nurse. You can also check out this information at Teen Health FX @ http://www.teenhealthfx.com/answers/...ody-image.html. It has great info about body image. I hope this helps some and if you want to talk more about this or anything call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text us daily at the same number.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X