Social Anxiety - What to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Anxiety - What to do

For the past few years, I've struggled with some pretty serious social anxiety, that's gotten to the point where I really don't know who I can talk to. My relationship with my parents has never really been good, and I feel like I've slowly started to drift away from friends. Being an introvert, I don't really feel depressed, but not being able to interact with people I don't know or make new friends is pretty crippling, especially with dating and all that. I'm starting to feel helpless, and was wondering what I can do.

I am glad that you contacted 2ndfloor for help. Have you been in counseling for this? Is there anyone you can reach out to for help? Maybe a counselor at school or a teacher when school starts? If you feel uncomfortable speaking to your parents about this, a school counselor could be very helpful. Are there certain social situations that you feel more uncomfortable with? Maybe when you're in a crowd of people as opposed to a few people? Try to take notice of the situations you feel most uncomfortable with. Maybe write the situations down, it is easier to manage your anxiety when you have a better understanding of it. Try to learn how to relax by deep breathing. Please check out his link which discusses ways to help you deal with social anxiety, https://www.anxietybc.com/sites/defa...t_hmsocial.pdf These are great strategies to give you some ideas on how to deal with this. I still recommend some form of counseling too. There is help! You just have to know how to find it. Good luck and please reach out to 2ndfloor by message board, texting from 4-8 daily and by phone 27/7 @ 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X