Do they care?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they care?

So I was sexually abused by my uncle and I told a counselor about it and talked to a prosecutor about it so they are going to deal with that situation. But my grandparents want me to lie for him so that way he won't have to go to prison. I told them I wouldn't lie so they said they are going to cut me off and never talk to me again. Idk what I did to deserve that. They must not care about what happened if they are pushing me away for what he did.

I am sorry to hear that you were sexually abused by your uncle, it takes a lot of courage to come forward and tell someone so you should be proud of yourself for standing up to him! I get that it must be very difficult to hear your grandparents want you to lie, but you should know that you did nothing wrong by telling the truth!! I can’t speak on if your grandparents care or not but the most important thing is for you to know that it is not your fault and you deserve to be heard. Do you have any other people that you trust & can talk to about this? Trusted adult? Relative? Good friend? Maybe talk to the counselor that you mentioned in the post for support in this matter. Have you ever tried speaking to your grandparents about how you feel and how them telling you to lie hurts you? I would suggest trying to speak to them. Hopefully they would be willing to listen if not to change their mind but to make your voice heard too. You can even try to write a note if that is easier for you to share how you feel or even get a third party to help talk to them with you. I hope you take some of the recommendations because you deserve to be happy and not feel this way. I wish you well. Here is a list of a couple resources that can give you support as well:
    Here is the website for the Sexual Violence programs by counties in NJ @ http://www.state.nj.us/dcf/women/rcpp/svp/ they can link you up with counseling or call New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault (NJCASA) Hotline at 1 (800) 601-7200. Rainn is another website to check out for support @ https://www.rainn.org/ or call them at 800- 656-4673. It’s important for you to get support and counseling that you need. I would also encourage you to call 2NDFLOOR 24/7 @ 888-222-2228 or text between 4-8 PM daily to discuss this even further. We are here to help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X