Bad week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad week

I used to be happy during the school year and I never fought with my bf but I am 4 statee away and I haven't seen him in over a month. So I got kind of upset bc he doesn't have anything to do over the summer and he never got back to my text messages in good time and I felt he wasn't taking the initiative to text me. So I told him this and we had finally planned a trip to see him and then he hadn't been texting me at all over the week except once to say that he probably would have to cut the trip short bc his family told him that he had to go on a trip for a month and a half to Japan. I got kinda mad at him bc we had planned to see each other over 2 weeks ago and I got on this tangent about how I wish he had taken more initiative to see me and how I felt I had to plan everything out and that I wish he would have taken more imitative to see me bc I felt I had set the whole trip up and my dad is driving 4 states over to pick him up and then he says he can't come for half of it. Then he got really mad at me and said that I only notice the time when he doesn't answer my txts and not when he does and how I ak blaming and picking on him bc he isn't perfect. And I was like that's not what I'm saying, I just feel like I'm not important to you, bc you weren't responding oftenly to my texts. He got all like "your picking at me" and I was all I am just saying why I am upset and my point of view. And he was all "I've never seen you like that, you keep getting mad at me" and that was mainly started after he didn't answer me twice and the i called him and asked if he was listening and he said "yeah I mean a little" and I was all how do you think I feel when I text you twice and you don't answer both texts and I call you and you are too interested in a video game to pay attention to me. Then we had never fought before but we had a big fight and I had work a few hours later and I was really not in a good state bc I was told that I needed to shadow instead Of work bc I had messed up really badly the previous day. Then after that the other manager comes over to tell me that my shirt is wrinkled and I need to fix my hair. I never really get emotional but I break down and start crying in front of everyone bc it was kind of like the last straw in a bad week. I'm nervous tht my manager won't take me seriously after that and they wont want to hire me next summer. She had to take me to a seperate room and I tell her how I "keep messing up", and they said to relax, but still it didn't make the best impression. How do I fix things with my bf and at work???? Any why do I keep acting out of character. I never used to break down and cry Ifront of others and I never used to fight with my bf. Any advice

Long distance relationships can be really difficult. Not being able to see your boyfriend on a regular basis can add stress and can make you worry more then you usually would. Take a step back from the relationship and try and think about what it is your upset about. It may not even have to do with your relationship, but you may be taking it out in that way. Try not to overthink everything that happens in your relationship now because that only leads to making yourself more stressed. You told him how you are feeling so now give him the opportunity to learn from this conversation. If he doesn't respond to your text right away try not to get upset. Realize that maybe he's doing something with his family or maybe he is playing a video game, but he will respond to you when he can. You could try making a plan to call each other once a day or once every two days just to make sure you are keeping in touch. When he comes for his trip even though it's half the time enjoy the week that you have together! As far as work it seems that your emotions and stress outside of work is affecting you while you are there. Before you go to work leave all the rest of the things you are thinking about at home. You could pull your manager aside and just apologize and say you were going through a difficult week. If you ever feel like you are going to cry or become upset take a few minutes to yourself, splash some water on your face, take a deep breath and focus on your task at hand. Sometimes when we don't deal with what's upsetting us it can come out in different ways so take some time to think about why you are feeling the way that you are. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X