Love?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love?

So this girl I know tells me I love this guy since me and him liked each other but never dated but we acted like if we were together. And this girl I know says she knows I love him because the way I talk about him and the way my eyes light up and things like that. I always thought that love is a strong word and so I always told myself that I just really like him. How do you know if you love someone? Do I love him?

You're right that love is a strong word. There are several different types of love, such as the romantic love that relationships consists of, or the love you feel for parents or very close friends. Romantic love can be a difficult concept for anyone to grasp, especially if it's a new experience in your life. It can be confusing, since sometimes even crushes are so strong that they feel like love. However, it's possible to develop feelings of romantic love for someone, even if your relationship has no official title. Characteristics of love include wanting to be close to and share things with a person, as well as wanting to understand him/her and to have him/her understand you in return. Similarly, love consists of wanting to care for someone and to have the person care for you as well. Defining your feelings for someone, whether it is love or anything else, is a very personal realization that has to begin with you. If you have any questions about the difference between love and lust or how physical intimacy enters the equation, it might be helpful to check out the website www.sexetc.org and look at the "Relationships" category under "Hot Topics". If you'd like to learn more about the characteristics of healthy, loving relationships, a great resource to check out is www.loveisrespect.org. Lastly, you can always reach out to 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228 if you'd like to further explore your feelings or get any other support. We also have a texting service available from 4pm to 8pm everyday. Thanks for reaching out to us!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X