Depressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed

So I always feel depressed and alone at night and I never have anyone to talk to on how I feel. I don't have friends except one friend but I don't want to bother him. Like right now I feel depressed and sad and alone and I just want someone to hug me and talk too but who? I'm alone.

Well I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor. Have you thought about why you are feeling depressed? I understand that you don't want to bother your friend, but have you ever spoken to him about how you feel? Sometimes getting it put helps too. If you have been feeling this way for quite some time, I would suggest getting some counseling. It sounds like you do not have someone at home you can speak to. Do you have any trusted adult? A coach, relative, teacher, counselor at school? I would suggest reaching out to someone that you trust and might be able to help you. If you can't think of anyone I would suggest calling or texting the helpline. We are here daily for testing between 4-8PM and 24/7 by phone. Our number is 888-222-2228.

Comment

Depressed

I have a school counselor but sometimes when its late at night like really late at night maybe at 3 or 4 o'clock I get sad and I've been depressed for a long time so this isn't the first time but I wish I can speak to someone or feel like I'm wanted you know. My friend already knows I have depression but I don't like bothering because he has his own issues. I sometimes don't really know why I get sad but sometimes i do but mostly because I see people who are happy and living life and I'm here stuck trying to get out of this dark place and other people are having a great summer, having fun and being happy.

Comment

It's great that you've been able to reach out and get some support from your school counselor. Nighttime can be difficult for individuals experiencing depression because that's when we're usually alone with our thoughts. It also sounds hard to experience the pleasant weather of summer and see others engaging in activities when you're having those negative thoughts and emotions. It's kind of you to consider your friend's perspective, but I imagine your friend cares about your well-being too. When you are feeling sad late at night and your support system is unavailable, it might be helpful to journal or write a gratitude list full of the people who love you and things you appreciate or make you happy. The gratitude list can especially help you to reverse the negative mindset you might be experiencing.

Maybe now that the school year is over it would be helpful to seek some outside counseling. Letting your parents/guardians or another trusted adult know about the emotions you're experiencing can be the first step. It sounds like you feel isolated from others who are enjoying their summer, but taking the initiative to break out of the negative cycle you might be stuck in can make a difference. For example, even though it may be hard and you might not feel like it, try to get involved in outside activities and spend time with others. Being active and connecting with others can have a positive effect on your mood. If you'd like to get more support for your emotions or learn more about counseling options, you can call us 24/7 at 888-222-2228. We also offer texting from 4pm to 8pm everyday. Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X