my life sucks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my life sucks

Ok let me get one thing straight. I will not injure myself severely or take it far. Ok so I feel weepy and uncontrollable weird sadness that I know needs professional help. I cant stop crying. Its alot to write so I will shorten it. I feel like im just trouble and no one needs me. At times I get these visuals in my head with me screaming and slashing my wrists... althougg I wouldnt do that cuz I dont wanna deal with scars and stigmas. Im hurting so bad and I know im not the only one to be struggling with low support system and sadness. Everything that I wish would change is beyond my control and I wanna focus on things I am able to change, but I feel helpless and my reaction wouldn't change how I feel. There comes times were essy tasks seem hard like brushing my teeth, eating, doing anything. Im afraid to ask for help. Idk what to do

I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor. It sounds like you feel uncomfortable reaching out for help from your family. Do you feel like they won't support you or not understand what you are going through? If so, it is important for you to find a trusted adult that could help you. A relative, friend's mom, coach, neighbor, counselor at school? You say that you won't hurt yourself but you also say how much you are hurting and that you feel so alone. It is important for you to get into counseling so you could start feeling better.
    What do you like to do? Find something you like to do and try doing it. It might make you feel better. Maybe listening to music, journaling, maybe look up some positive quotes and hang them around your room, sometimes making a gratitude list helps.
    Please reach out to 2ndfloor for additional support. You can text daily between 4-8 PM or call 24/7 @ 888-222-2228. Good luck and please look for help soon!

Comment

Will it be on my medical record that ive seen a therapist and will that make me be labeled as "disabled" and affect future employment?

Comment

Receiving therapy or counseling cannot label you as "disabled" or affect your future employment whatsoever. Whether or not you are receiving or have received counseling is totally confidential information and your employer cannot discover that unless you tell them. Getting counseling does not mean that you have any sort of disability or psychiatric condition. Counseling is meant for anyone who would like to have some extra support in their life.

The thoughts and feelings you're experiencing sound pretty intense and painful. It must be really difficult to handle them all by yourself. It sounds like you understand your need for professional help, even though it might be really scary to ask for it. Just reaching out to us is a very brave step. By further sharing your experience with your parents/guardians or a trusted adult, you can bring yourself closer to the help you need. A great resource to explore counseling options in your area is www.psychologytoday.com. You can type your zip code in the "Find a Therapist" search bar at the top of the page and browse counselors nearby, as well as what issues they specialize in and what insurances they accept. If you'd like to learn more about therapy/counseling or how to seek out resources, you can reach out to us 24/7 at 888-222-2228. If it's more comfortable for you, feel free to text us from 4pm to 8pm. Thanks for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X