Depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression

I'm so depressed that there's days when I wish I was never even born. I don't want to put the blame on anyone, but it is mostly my family's fault. they give me so much stress and I can't take it. I was supposed to go out with some close friends of mine and my sister started harassing and bullying me, like she always does, so I yelled at her to stop and my parents punished me for it, while she just got away with it. I cry myself to sleep every day. My dad punishes me very harshly when I get in trouble and it makes me feel like he doesn't care about me at all (I will not say exactly how he punishes me because I know that I will no longer be anonymous). Other times, my parents are very over protective so I don't know what to believe. please help, I feel like i'm stuck here until I turn 18. After that, I am cutting off all communication with my immediate family. I don't need that kind of poison in my life.

I am sorry you feel this way and I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor. Well, first of all it is important for you to reach out to someone for help. Whether it be a counselor at school, teacher, coach or relative. There must be someone you could talk to. If not I encourage you to call 2ndfloor so you can get some help. It sounds like when your dad punishes you he must use either emotional or physical abuse. No one deserves to be treated that way no matter what. Please don't be afraid to share what is going on with someone because that is the way you will get help. I am not sure what you are being punished for but maybe since you know how your parents react, try to keep a low profile. I understand that your sister bothers you but until you try to get yourself some help from an outside source this will probably not change.
    Do you have a plan for after high school? Because it is very difficult for an 18 year old to go out on their own. Hopefully you could attend a 4-year college and dorm there.
    It does sound to me that you need help as soon as possible. It is sad when a teenager says some days you wish you weren't even born. Have you ever tried speaking to your mom about how you feel? I would suggest trying to speak to her when things are calm. Hopefully she would be willing to listen.
    I hope you take some of the suggestions because you deserve to be happy and not feel this way. Also I would encourage you to call 2ndfloor 24/7 @ 888-222-2228 or text between 4-8 PM daily to discuss this even further. We are here to help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X