Worried about my past

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about my past

Over 2 years ago I used to go on a random video chat site called omegle. From time to time I would say stupid sexual things in the chat bar to people and masturbate while they masturbated. I tried not to show my face and covered my genitals (even though it was probably apparent what I was doing). I'm worried that I was recorded back then and that it will come back to affect my current life. I'm unaware of any footage of me online and I'm not sure if I was ever recorded or not. I'm worried that I may have shown my face, that I was recorded, and that these embarrassing videos will be released. I'm afraid that my career will be affected or that my friends/family will find out about it and think differently of me. I never gave out any personal information while on the website, but I'm worried that it will be traced back to me. How can I stop worrying about this? I haven't gone on that website or done anything like that in over 2 years and I know that I will never do it again. Is there any way to put my mind at rest? Would my life be ruined if this information was leaked? I was under 18 when I did these things so it was also illegal.

I can't tell you definitely that you weren't recorded or that you were recorded, unfortunately that is the risk when anyone uses video chats or post things on the internet. All you can do is try to put it in the past and only if something comes up about it then address it. Focus on the now and not on the what could or should have happened. You sound like you don't want to take part in the video chat anymore so just let yourself try to move on emotionally as well. I hope this helped ease your mind a bit. Here is a link that might answer some of your questions and it also gives safety tips about the internet @ http://nctsn.org/sites/default/files...aying_safe.pdf. If you want to talk about this or anything give 2NDFLOOR a call at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

Same person who made the thread

Do you think I have to tell my girlfriend about this? It happened over 2 years before we started dating. I haven't done it since then, and I will never do it again. I would rather leave this in the past and move on from it. I worry that maybe she deserves someone who hasn't done this in their past or that I'm not as valuable of a person because of what I did. Do you think if she found out that I did this in my past, that she would break up with me? And if a video was taken and it surfaces at some point, would she believe me when I say that it happened a long time ago and that it did not happen during our relationship?

Comment

It is your choice whether or not you want to discuss this with anyone. I can't tell you whether or not your girlfriend would understand or if this would upset her, but if you feel like you need to talk to someone about it maybe she is a good option if you feel comfortable talking to her. If you want to leave this in the past that is ok, but you need to help your self start moving forward and forgive yourself. We all make choices that we aren't proud of at some point in our lives. It's how we learn from these experiences that is important. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X