Am I rational?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I rational?

I got accepted into a wonderful school provisionally meaning that if I can maintain a 2.5 first semester I will be a full time student the second one. I was nervous bc my dad told me that I need a 3.0 for a lot of grad programs and I thought that if I got accepted provisionally I may be a lot of stress to maintain a 3.0. I also met someone who went there and got in under the same circumstances and who wound up transferring bc she thought there was a lot of bearocracy and struggled there academically. My gpa and act were also only the 25th-30th percentile there. I also wouldn't be guaranteed on campus housing junior and senior year. I instead chose a school that wasn't ranked as well but was still a solid school bc I would be more towards the 50-70th percentile with my act and gpa and bc I thought I would definetly be able to get a 3.0 there if not much higher, and therefore could relax a bit more but still work hard. the school I chose is still decently well regarded and it is smaller than the first school. I am also guarenteed housing on campus all four years, which appealed to me. I feel most other kids would have chosen the higher ranking school? And I now regret my choice? What do you think? Would the first school have helped me out more and gotten me more to my career goals and to a better grad school?

Well first of all, congratulations! Getting into college, no matter what college should always we celebrated as a huge success. Honestly, it sounds like you made the right choice. As I read your post I noticed that there were definitely more pros on the side that you chose. Above all, you need to keep in mind that YOU are what is going to help you to achieve your career goals, NOT the name of a university. So try to not focus on ranks. Focus on your development over the next few years and the control you have with the final outcome. When it comes to interviewing for careers there are many other factors that play a role in you getting the job other than the "brand" of your diploma. If you would like to talk about this further please give us a call at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm. Stay positive!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X