Is it anxiety?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it anxiety?

Help, im very self conscious about everything i do. Whenever i do anything remotely embarrassing i cant stop thinking about it, and wondering how many people are laughing at me. No matter how small the issue is. And whenever any attention is put on me, my face turns bright red and i can control it, even if im not particularly embarrassed in that situation. Is this anxiety, is it something different, and does anyone know how i can stop it? I hate being so closed off, and i want to be able to be silly and goofy in school like everyone else without worrying about what people think, i hope this makes sense..

Glad you reached out and yes you made complete sense. It definitely sounds like you are overthinking and experiencing some social anxiety. It absolutely can be difficult to think clearly if you feel like people are judging you. Keep in mind, social anxiety can be quite normal to experience as a teenager and you can grow out of it as you mature. However you should never feel like you have to be pretend to be someone that you are not so if you want to be silly, be silly!! Think about what is the worst thing that could happen if you were silly or goofy? Would it be the end of the world if someone laughed at you? Think about the big picture, everyone does embarrassing things and no one is perfect!!
    I think it could benefit you to talk with a counselor who specializes in social anxiety or even your guidance counselor. The counselor can be a really great support systems and help you develop tools to cope with your anxiety. This problem is more common than you may think and there is plenty of help out there for it! If you would like to talk about this further please give 2NDFLOOR a call, we are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X