dad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dad

my dad disowned me, doesn't approve of my relationship and hates me...now I can't focus on anything I'm always too busy worrying about my dad and his opinions. I wish it was simpler

I'm sorry to hear that your dad has said that to you, that must be a tough position to be in! It sound like your dad cares, but his approach is pushing you away and makes you feel bad. Maybe you can write him a note about how you feel about his behavior towards you, sometimes a letter works because it is less confrontational for both parties. Can you talk to your mom about this? or siblings (if you have any)? Maybe a third party can help. Did you guys ever try family counseling, you could ask you guidance counselor for local numbers near you. As far as worrying about his opinions, its understandable that you want your dad to be okay with your choices, but that may never happen. So just keep in mind that if you are okay with your choices then that is all that really matters. Keep your head up and I hope this has helped some. If you want to talk about this further or anything else, call 2NDFLOOR anytime to talk at 888-222-2228 or you can text daily from 4-8pm.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X