Pot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot

Hi, I'm 15. The people I'm friends with smoke pot. I have a lot of friends and they all smoke. We all smoke together. I like to say it's a social thing, like how people drink socially at parties we smoke socially with each other. It's not like we need to smoke to have fun bevause I've done a lot of stuff that's fun without smoking. But smoking alone is just fun to me and my friends. Anyways, I know the risks. I'm fully aware. Anyways, I got caught with weed for the second time today. The first time I got caught my life pretty much fell apart. I became lost because I got depressed because I lost a lot of my friends and I felt guilty really. Well today my mom found some of my weed, and now I'm in trouble. She was telling me all these things that I was doing wrong and yelling at me and saying that I was bad at school and frankly I don't blame her. I don't blame her for being mad but she just doesn't understand. She doesn't understand I know how to be safe and that I'm not just some pot-smoking good for nothing teenager. It's defiantly just a phase because I don't see myself smoking 5 years from now but it's just what's happening right now and she doesn't understand. I don't really know if I expect her to and I defiantly don't expect their respect and their privlages anymore. Basically what I'm saying is the last time I got caught it ruined my life kind of because my friends didn't want to be around me because my family became so uptight. And I don't want to not be allowed out of the house anymore just because they think I'm gonna smoke. I just don't really know what to do.

I understand that teens experiment with different drugs and alcohol, when it becomes something that happens often and interferes with your school work and other parts of your life it sounds like it is becoming a problem. Needless to say it is illegal and you could get into a lot of trouble with the police if you and your friends get caught. I am not sure if your parents caught you both times but it sounds like you are being careless too, and this could be the affects of smoking. Your parents care about you and are concerned, that is why they have punished you. You said you lost a lot of your friends when you got caught. If they were really your friends wouldn't they have been there for you when you really needed them?
    I am not sure how you know this is definitely a phase. I am sure you heard that marijuana is a gateway drug. That means it could lead you to take stronger drugs too. It really is impossible to predict the future but I can make a suggestion. Why don't you stop smoking it for a while, maybe a month and see if you can do it. You will then see if it a problem for you. Also, you can speak to the Substance Awareness Coordinator in your school. They are usually located in the guidance department. You can speak to him/her confidentially about what is going on. They cannot share your information with anyone unless you say your going to hurt yourself, someone else, or someone is hurting you. I think it is important to reach out for assistance. Or you can speak to your counselor at school.
    I think you will have to prove to your parents that you're done smoking and that probably means finding new friends too. You will have to build their trust again and that might take some time. Try to figure out if smoking is a problem for you and have a conversation with them about it. You might need a third party, like a counselor involved.
    If you would like to discuss this further you can always call 2NFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 24/7 or text between 4-8 PM daily.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X