I am tired of hiding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am tired of hiding

I need help before this gets any worse. I am severely depressed, and I'm starting to get thoughts of death. I've become antisocial. I've felt depressed since the end of 5th grade and after about 4 years I'm getting tired of everything. I always try to help other people but they just get mad or don't care about my existence agian after that. people don't even acknowledge me in school, and I always get anxious and think my friends are just using me, though I'm sure they do care about me..I hope. I get anxiety attacks a lot more often and I just seriously can't deal with anything anymore, especially after the very recent death of my dog. I don't know what to do with myself anymore and tbh I just like to hide it with bad puns and such. I can't sleep at night yet I want to sleep all the time. My big problem is, I want a therapist to try to fix this for once, because I'm tired of this. but I don't know how to tell my parents I'm depressed, because they don't know. I'm scared when I do tell them, they'll either say it's just a phase or I don't know what real depression is or that I'm selfish and a spoiled brat that after everything they've done for me or that it's all their fault and they didn't rise me right which all is not true and I don't think they could understand well, especially when they haven't expirienced it themselves. So,please, give me some advice to tell them and end this pain already.

It sounds like you are feeling overwhelmed and that’s not a good feeling. I am also sorry for the loss of your dog, dogs are a part of the family and it hurts to lose someone you love. Time can heal so keep that in mind and think of the great moments you had with your dog!! I must stress to you that if you are feeling like you don’t want to live anymore and are going to hurt yourself please tell someone. Contact 911 immediately or you can go to your local hospital’s ER. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255; someone there can get help to you right away. Listen, its important for you to understand that when people are struggling with depression and anxiety it is common to feel hopeless or feel that life is pointless. However, these are temporary feelings that can go away with the right treatment. It sounds like you do want help so if you are in school go to your guidance counselor he/she can help you get therapy and even talk to your mom with you. If you don’t feel okay doing that then try to talk your mom about what you have been feeling. Tell her what you need from her to begin feeling like yourself again. You can also write her a note so you don’t have to be too overwhelmed with talking initially. Maybe, you can just say that you don't want to upset her but you need to talk to someone about your anxiety and sadness. Tell her you want help from a therapist or something like that. I hope this helps. If you ever want to talk about this or anything call 2NFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM. We are here 24/7!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X