How can I get emancipated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get emancipated?

Honestly I'm in the most terrible mood..and I'm exhausted. I can't exactly explain everything right now as to why I want to be emancipated, but I'd just like to know how I can make this possible. What do I need to do to make this possible?

The law to get emancipated is different in every state. You can try searching on the internet for information about this. Or if you would like to talk about this in further detail please call us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm.

Comment

I'm wondering how I could do this too. I'm 17 in NJ and wondering how I can make this happen. My dad has said he wants nothing to do with my sister and I. I only want my parents in my life so that I can stay afloat financially. Also, so that they can drive me places. I can't even go five minutes doing my homework without crying about how much I hate it here. I'm close with my friends but wouldn't want to turn to them about such a personal issue. My older sibling is away at college and I don't want to burden her with my problems. The only person who makes me happy and I talk to everyday is my boyfriend but I don't want to open up to him about this. My dad hasn't talked to my sister since the beginning of the year or given her any money to support herself in college since that time. I don't know what to do but I am so unhappy and want help.

Comment

Becoming emancipated can be complicated and we are not lawyers here so your best bet is to contact a lawyer or your local court house where they should be able to direct to the right number to talk to someone about this. Here are two website that might give you some insight as well. The Legal Services of NJ has a number and website at (888) 576-5529 or @ www.lsnj.org. This other link has some information as well, @ http://jerseyfamilylawyers.com/lawye...ey_bl14813.htm. I hope this helps some! If you ever want to talk call 2NFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM. We are here 24/7!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X