Do I matter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I matter?

Why does it matter if I cut myself. I'm not hurting anyone. I'll one day be okay why is this such a big deal. But then today I was self harming on my wrist and I could not stop cutting I wanted to cut the vien. What does that mean?

Well I am sorry you are going through this. You are hurting yourself when you cut. I'm sure your family and friends would be upset if they new you were cutting too. There must be things bothering you if you are cutting. Cutting is done to help release pain. Have you thought about why you cut? Have you ever spoken to someone about how you feel? It sounds to me that if you want to cut through the vein, you are feeling worse not better and cutting is not helping you. I would highly suggest you speaking to a trusted adult, family member, school counselor or teacher. Whoever you feel comfortable sharing this information with. There are many things you can do besides cutting. Some suggestions are to draw or journal, listen to music, call a friend or exercise. Please check out this website for additional information. www.self-injury.net or call 800-DONTCUT. Also please reach out to 2ndfloor by either texting between 4-8 daily or calling 24/7, 888-222-2228. Please remember that you do matter!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X