Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dated a guy and I'm in love with his best friend.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dated a guy and I'm in love with his best friend.

I met Kyle years ago, and we didn't like each other. He's in the grade below me and I always thought he was really obnoxious.

However, I'm now a sophomore in High School and Kyle is a freshman. We auditioned for a musical together and from then on, we grew really close. He was funnier, more mature, attractive, and just so much better than he was in middle school. After a few months, I decided I wanted to be more than friends with Kyle. So we started dating.

The first week into our relationship, Kyle's best friend Daniel, also a freshman, added me on snapchat. I added him back and we started snapchatting. This was my first time talking to Daniel, and he was so hot, funny, sweet, and down-to-earth. He made Kyle seem like a piece of crap.

After a month of talking more to Daniel than Kyle, I realized that, as impossible as it sounds, I was falling in love with Daniel. Daniel was in love with me, too. We were very open about our feelings to each other. Kyle and I went on no dates and barely spent time together. So I broke up with Kyle.

Daniel and I were really happy, nobody knew about us and everything was working out so well. We helped each other trhrough tough times, like his parents separation and my friendship issues. It was a cute, secret relationship. He'd walk me to my classes and meet me after school before he had to go to track just so we could see each other. I went to his house to tutor him, the first time we ever hung out alone, and we ended up making out for an hour and a half.

A few days later, however, Daniel's accounts on snapchat and Skype had been hacked into, because I was blocked on both. He unblocked me, and so I tried to call him on Skype. He picked up, and the camera and mic were off. So I texted him and he told me he wasn't even on Skype.

Turns out Kyle hacked Daniel's Skype and picked up a call from me. Kyle then texted me for the first time in weeks after the breakup, calling me a "whore", "bitch", "slut", "cunt", "faggot", etc., and has been ignoring Daniel. Kyle made Daniel block me on snapchat and Facebook again, and Daniel and I have barely talked since. And the few times we've talked, it's been about the situation. Daniel wants to be friends with Kyle and to be with me, and that's what I want to happen as well, but it looks like Kyle isn't going to allow that to happen. He didn't even wish Daniel a happy birthday. I really miss Daniel and I don't know what to do. He became part of my daily routine and I'm not the same without him. What do I do?

Advice is really important to me, so please give some!

I can understand what a difficult and upsetting situation this is. Unfortunately we can't control other people's reactions or the way that they act so I don't necessarily have something that will make Kyle stop behaving the way that he is. He may feel hurt right now, but with time these feelings could go away. You could try talking to Kyle about how you feel and how the relationship between you and Daniel started. You could also talk to Daniel and see how he thinks you both should approach the situation. Talk to Daniel about your relationship, what you miss about it, and how you can move forward together. Communication is key. You may even want to apologize for Kyle for not being upfront about the situation, sometimes an apology can go a long way. I hope that this helps and if you need to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X