What my therapist said is harming me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What my therapist said is harming me

So my senior year I had talked to my therapist about colleges and I wasn't sure where I was going to go and my parents had wanted me to go to a school that was kind of close to home and at first I didn't like that idea. And my therapist had wanted me to go further away. The school close to home happened to be a bit of a safety school for me but I ended up liking the school and eventually going bc while it was a bit of a safety they happened to have a lot of great 5 year programs and one that was very strong in my field. She didn't like the school and wanted me to go to a harder Liberal arts school vs the more practical one that I went to and she said some very negative things about where I chose to go like "it's a slacker school" "the only reason someone would go there is if they were broke and didn't have any other option" and "you won't be challenged AT ALL" and while the school is kinda easy for me it excels in my field, but what she said makes me feel bad and second guess my choice a lot. Like I think because of what she said about it when I tel other people that I go there they will think the same thing. I have actually never heard anyone else say anything like what she said, but what if they are thinking it? it hurts how I feel about going there and like I made a mistake in my choice and I don't get why she said all those things like that to me? What was her motivation?

Talk to your therapist about how you feel, maybe she doesn't realize that she hurt your feelings and has offended you. Ask her what was her motivation behind making those comments. If you feel like its too hard to have that conversation then write her a note about it, writing is a non confrontational way to get your message conveyed. You sound like you are happy with your decision on picking your college and that truly is all that matters! Just try to sort out the situation with your therapist so you can be less stressed, maybe its a miscommunication and she is trying to push you because she sees potential in you. Hope this has helped and if you want to talk ever call us at 888-222-2228 or text us daily between 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X