Bad nightmares and reliving traumatic events

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad nightmares and reliving traumatic events

Um so... when I was 12 I was raped by two people at a high school party that an older friend had invited me to (it was by a couple I think they were seniors in high school at the time). I'm 16 now and I'm having terrible nightmares about what happened that night and they're basically nightmares of me reliving what happened and I don't know how to stop them? I was also sexually abused as a child and I need help really badly...

I'm so sorry that you had to go through such traumatic events multiple times in your life. I also want to say how brave and strong you are for reaching out for help. If there is adult you trust (parent, teacher, guidance counselor) talk to them about what is going on. They can help you to find outside help such as a counselor to discuss the trauma and help you to cope with your anxiety and the nightmares that you are having. Since you are not an adult you can report this information if you chose to. Another great resource to check out is https://rainn.org/ they are the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network. On there website they provide you with links and resources such as finding a counselor or their online helpline. They also have a 24/7 sexual assault hotline 1.800.656.HOPE(4673), which is free and confidential. I hope that some of this information helps you and that you are able to talk to someone about what you went through. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X