How do I help her?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I help her?

I have a best friend who is cutting herself. It has gotten really bad. Her parents know and she sees a counsilor. I am very worried though because she seems to be getting worse and she already has tried to hang herself before. Luckily she told her bf and he called the police and they stopped her. I am already going through my own crap and this is making it worse so how do I help her?

You're friend is really lucky to have such a supportive group of people in her life. If you continue to worry about her, you could try talking to her about these feelings. Explain that you want to help her but you're not sure how. I understand that you want to help her more, but you are already doing so much for her. If you ever see behavior that shows you that the cutting has gotten worse or is continuing report it to her parents. This is not a responsibility that you can take on on your own. If you are having difficulties you need to focus on those as well. It's difficult to help other people if we don't first help ourselves. You can give her our contact information as well as another resource. I hope that this helps. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Thank God! Sonomee w

Thank God! Sonomee with brains speaks!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X