Please I need help.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please I need help.

I hate my life. I want to commit suicied. I told my friends about it and they freaked out. They called my mother and left her a voicemail saying they needed to talk to her. This made me freak out. Instead of taking my life right there I went out for a bike ride. It was 10:30 at night and my mom didn't know I left the house. I rode next to the highway to get to my other friends house. I stayed there for a little then her mom called my mom. When she came I went in the car with her and started crying. At first she was mad I left but then when I was crying she realized something wasn't right. I finally told her that I wanted to take my life. The next day at school I told my counselor (who I only meet ONE day before) what happened. She made my mom take me out of school early to go to crisis. Now it feels like everyone knows about my situation and I am still not getting the help I need. I am going to see a therapist outside of school and I might have to start taking meds. I talk to people but no one understands and nothing helps. I feel like my depression is only getting worse. My life only seems to be getting worse. Should I have told anyone?? What can I do to help?? When will I finally get the help I so desperately need??

First, I want to say it’s brave of you to reach out to us and ask for help! It also was brave of you to tell your friends and talk about your feelings, you did the right thing!! I must say if you are still feeling hopeless and having feelings of not wanting to live anymore (even though you went already) then go back to your local ER! There is no shame in going back for another crisis assessment if you cannot get the thoughts of wanting to take your own life out of your head. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 and someone will get help to you right away or you can call the Hope Center Hotline at (800) 784-2433. Remember you are not alone!! There are people who want to help you feel better and do not judge you for it. Please get help today, you took the first step by reaching out to us now take the next and go to the ER! You can also call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 any time of day we are here 24/7 to help as well or text daily between 4-8pm. We can also get you immediate assistance! You are not alone! You matter!

Comment

I understand I should go to crisis again but last time I went it didn't help me at all. It only made my depression worse. I talk to my one friend about all this and I feel bad because it makes her upset sometimes but I need to tell someone and she is the only person I feel comfortable talking to. I don't no what to do with my life anymore. It just feels pointless.

Comment

Remember if you feel like you are going to hurt yourself please tell your mom, contact 911 immediately or call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255. When people are struggling with depression and suicidal ideation it is common to feel hopeless or feel that life is pointless. However, these are temporary feelings that can go away with the right treatment. It sounds like you do want help but you're not getting the help that you feel that you need. Explain this to your mom and your counselor. Tell them what you need from them to begin feeling like yourself again. Sometimes people who have not felt this way (like your friend) may be difficult for her to understand or it could be really hard for her to hear because she cares about you so much. Talk to her, tell her that you don't want to upset her but you need to talk to someone about it. Also this will be what your outside counselor is for. Tell her everything and anything. She will understand and help you to develop coping skills. I hope that this helps. Please continue to reach out to us and talk 2NDFLOOR Youth helpline is available by phone 24/7 and by text 4-8PM at 888-222-2228. Remember you are not alone! There are people that understand what you are going through and you can continue to talk to us about it.

Comment

I totally absolutely understand what you are going through. I am going through something similar to this as well. Please understand that nothing is ever worth the beautiful value of your life. You were put here on this very Earth for a purpose. What ever that purpose may be, you may not find it until later on in life. And thats ok. I thought everything was finally starting to get better, until i found out i failed a standardized test at school. Brought me down even further. Try this: every night, before you go to sleep, keep a pen and a pad of sticky notes nearby. Write down something that made you happy today. Fold it up, put inside any type of jar, and reflect on it at the end of every month. Save them if you wish, and start a new one the following month. Remember that it's ok to feel the way you are feeling now. I am feeling the same way, however, i am willing to do whatever it takes to get back on track. I truly believe in everyone's abilities to continue to grow stronger. You can do this

Comment

hi

im 11 years old and i want to know how to use the chatrooms on this website

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X