My girlfriends parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriends parents

My girlfriends parents sometimes threaten to hurt you. They say things such as "I'm gonna knock all of your teeth out" and "If you don't shut up I'm gonna drag you down the stairs by your hair". Shes come to me when they say things like this and I am concerned. I don't know if I should tell an adult about the things that happen or if I should just keep it to myself. I mean after all her parents haven't harmed her, and if I do tell I don't want them or her to hate me.

That is concerning. If your girlfriend feels scared and she validates that her parents say these things in a threatening type of way it may be a good idea to report this to an adult. I understand why you are hesitant because of the reasons you pointed out...they haven't harmed her and your worried how her parents and your girlfriend will respond. I mean her parents would obviously not be happy about it, but shame on them for speaking to their child like that because even though they aren't harming her body they could be emotionally harming her. Have you voiced your concerns when your girlfriend comes to you about these things? I suggest having a deeper conversation with her about this if you haven't. Is there any other adult in her family that she can go to...like grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousins. You can suggest talking with your school guidance counselor and offering to go with your girlfriend for support. You can also call us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline to discuss this further and even tell your girlfriend about us. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm. Your girlfriend is lucky to have you...best of luck with this situation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X