Social skills and self centeredness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social skills and self centeredness

I have worked really hard to be less negative and self centered in social conversations as many people have said that I am negative and talk about my self and my stress too much when I am talking to them and they say that it can get annoying. I have realized and changed this and have made many great friends my first semester in college but I was that way for a long time and I have been looking at old facebook messages from years ago and realized that i had many habits like this that harmed me socially, but I am scared that I will end up going back to my old ways despite having changed. I am on break with my family and I can act kind of self centered when talking to family members and I am working to change this right now but the past week I have been acting a bit like my old self at home, I amgojng to act better the next month I have off from school but how do I make sure I don't go back to my old ways because I am really scared that I will?

I'm glad to hear that you feel better about who you are as a person. It's very mature of you to acknowledge your faults and try to work on them. Remember no one is perfect and we are all a work in progress so just stay focused on your goals. You seem to be able to self reflective so that will help you stay on track with your good behavior. When you are reflecting on a situation that you wish you were less self centered about, try to jot it down so you can learn what happened before hand and try to do better next time. That's all you can do anyway and it sounds like you really are trying to be the best person you can be so I applaud you for that! Just don't overthink things, let the past be the past and move forward. Have a great break and holiday with your family. If you need to talk ever call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text us daily between 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X