Change in my life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in my life

So I have been going to talkative therapy for about three and a half years in this coming January will be my fourth year. Recently been making great progress blocking negative thoughts and writing in my therapy about my worries and things that bother me. Today therapy session my therapist will be leaving a program where she has been working with me in therapy. But she plans on working in another program. Since I have been in therapy for three and a half years I thought it was time for me to cut down on my therapy sessions for every other week instead of once a week which is how I have been seeing my therapist for the past years that I have been in therapy. After my therapist tells me she will be needing to leave the therapy program I came up with suicidal thoughts. BUT I SWEAR FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART I WILL NEVER KILL OR HURT MY SELF OR OTHER PEOPLE! I need to prepare for the possibility of leaving therapy for maybe a few months until my therapist gets settled into another place but that wont be for a long time because she just found out recently that she is leaving in a few months but she doesn't know where she is going to go to once she leaves. Is there any way I could work on to prepare for when my therapist leaves or for when I stop seeing my therapist for a period of time?

This is a problem that a lot of people face when they go to therapy. It is really great that you have such a positive relationship with your therapist. Typically, therapist do prepare you for when they leave. You may find it helpful to talk to your therapist about the transformation when they leave, and help you develop a plan. Ultimately, it would be helpful to let your therapist know of your concerns. You can even try using a journal to write down some feelings or even a list of things that you want to talk about when you do go back to therapy. Perhaps you can even find support with other people in your life, like your friends, family, parents, etc. Remember, that if you do at any point have suicidal thoughts you can call 911, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, or 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X