Suicidal Friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicidal Friend

Hello 2nd Floor. My friend is going through depression and is having suicidal thoughts. It's mostly because of her dad which verbally abuses her a lot. I'm really worried about her. I've known she didn't have the best family life but I just figured out about the suicide thing. What should I do?

Your friend is lucky to have you in her life. If you really think that your friend will hurt herself then you should report it right away, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or encourage her to go to the local hospital’s ER so they can do a crisis evaluation or call 911. There’s always someone available to help, day or night. Also, it’s important for you to tell someone you trust because that is a huge responsibility to have on your shoulders. You have to understand that it is wonderful that you are a trusted friend for her, but you cannot save her and it is not your job to. I don’t mean that you can’t be an ear for her to talk but she needs professional help. If you’re scared to call someone talk to your parents and have then call with you.
    I don’t know much about her situation at home with her father being abusive, but that is not okay that’s she’s being treated that way. If she lives in NJ she can call the Department of Child Protection and Permanency DCPP at (877) 652-2873. The agency will come into the home and do an evaluation to see if your friend needs to be removed because of abuse. I know this all may sound scary but your friend needs help. You can 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 if you need more assistance at anytime we are here 24/7 or you can text us daily from 4-8 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X