Roomate back talking me and being generally bad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roomate back talking me and being generally bad

So me and my roomate are very different. She is really neat and orderly and I tend to be messy on my side of the room. Not gross messy I do al my laundry and never leave food out but it's become a problem since I am ussually pretty neat but w few times I wasn't when I was busy or distracted and she had gotten the ra and housing involved. And there is a certain "standard" of how you must keep the room relatively neat at our school so anytime the room isn't up to what she likes she always tells on me and gets me in trouble, and this has only happened twice but she is generally just nasty to me. Also I have been in and seen rooms much worse than my half but it's not an issue bc they don't have roomates tattling on them. She never even says the room isn't how she likes, she just goes to housing or the ra. Instead of simply asking me to clean my clothes off the floor. She is always complaining about EVERYTHING at our college. Like the cafeteria is soo gross and she hates it, it's honeslty not bad at all she just refuses to eat anything at it, bc it's not up to her little standard. She is constantly complaining to me about every little dumb thing she never tries to make conversatjon with me, she just complains or says nothing. I offer to bring her food, and I am nice and friendly and in return she is insanely rude anytimr I text her. Here's an example, I am getting back to Camus from a long weekend and I tell her I am getting back and I myself have bought a printer to share with her she doesn't even say ok "welcome back" it's simply "where's the printer". I also found out she was backstabbing me to friends and telling ppl that I was "wierd" and now she just denies it. All the ppl I know said she said that and I trust them far more than her. How do I get her to be nice to me??? I am cleaning the room and keeping it clean profusely.

First, living with people is challenging because you both have different personalities and living with a stranger is even more difficult. From what you stated, it sounds like she has an issue with how you keep the room and doesn't want to confront you about it so just take notice of that. Moving forward you know that she is drawing the line in the sand so to speak, it seems she does not want there to be a close friendship but more of a cordial relationship instead so just respect that. Meaning you don't want to go out of your way to be overly nice to someone who is not going to do the same to you, so just be civil, keep your space clean, be private, you don't have to share things or confide in her. Listen, you are there for one reason and that is to get an education. I know it can be hard to not have a supportive roommate, but it happens sometimes so just accept what kind of person she is. You are not going to change her and you can't make someone be nice to you. If it becomes too much of an issue with her then maybe think about reporting her to the RA as well. Keep your head up! Give it some time though and see how it goes in the New Year. I hope this has helped some, but if you want to talk more about this or anything else call 2NDFLOOR anytime @ 888-222-2228 or text us daily between 4 and 8 pm.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 11-13-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X