Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car

Hello,

Every since I graduated high school, I have always thought about getting a car. Right now, I am 23 years old. I just graduated a 2-yr college with a degree in general studies (No area of study in particular). I know I will need a car if I want to increase my search for a decent job which I don't have right now. My mom tells me I will need a steady job to get a car. What Kinds of jobs should I look into? What sources and websites can help me? ...I need a steady job.

Any advice?

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. When getting a job you first want to make sure that you have a resume to hand to a potential employer. If you don't have a resume you can look at examples of templates online by just searching resume examples and then create your own. Since this is your first job after graduating you will most likely be looking at entry level positions. If there is a certain field that interests you I would start there. If you aren't sure what you are looking for try to think about what kinds of things you enjoy doing (helping others, office work, restaurant business). You can also create a profile on linkedin. This website can then connect you to different jobs that are within your area of interest or require certain skills that you may possess. There are also several search engines online that you can use when you google job search. However, if you don't have a car right now a local job may make the most sense. Go around to local stores, restaurants, offices put in your resume and apply to multiple jobs this way you will have options for which one you would like the best. Your school can also be a good resource. They may have relationships with certain organizations that could provide you will a job. You may consider seeing a counselor at your school for career or job help as well. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X