Stuck between a rock and a hard place :\

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck between a rock and a hard place :\

I've just started my senior year and the stress is already mounting. I took my SAT June of my junior year and scored a 1290 (personally I don't think that's good enough), so I'm taking it again November 7th. There is another SAT date for October 3rd but that's not enough time for me to prep so I cannot sign up for that SAT date unfortunately. Colleges are requesting for my transcripts like crazy and I just don't know where to go from here. Should I start applying to colleges now with my 1290 or should I wait to re-take my SAT in November,wait for those results and then apply to colleges? The head of guidance at my school said "applying to colleges is competitive, and you might have a better chance of acceptance if you apply between now and October, as if you applied in November, your chances of acceptance become slimmer".
    I just feel like time is running out and I'm not doing enough.

It really sounds like you have a lot weighing on your mind in regards to making the right choice about college. It is definitely normal to feel stressed out when you are first starting the college search process. There are many education options out there, and it can be overwhelming in the beginning when you first take a look at it all. From what you have mentioned about your current academic stance though, it sounds like you are in good standing for many schools. It may not feel like your academics are up to par for the standards of the schools of your choice, but keep in mind that colleges don't just look at a student’s academic performance. They are interested in a student’s extracurricular activities, involvement in school and other things. Regardless, don’t over think that stuff, just focus on what are the schools that you want to apply to and do it! You have nothing to lose by following your heart. Just don’t overthink or doubt your ability!!!

If your guidance counselor is mentioning to apply during specific months it’s probably based on their past experiences with college application processes at those schools you mentioned. It doesn’t mean that you can’t get in though! Have you thought about talking about this with your parents? Bounce your ideas off of someone you trust. If you don't feel ready to apply yet then think on it, maybe even write a pros and cons list for the different colleges that you’re interested in. In addition, check out the following two websites:www.collegeboard.org helps to breakdown the college planning and search process, and www.fafsa.gov helps to breakdown the financial aid process. Good Luck on your journey!

Ultimately just remember that everyone has a different college search and planning process so choose your own path! If you need to talk more about anything call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7 or text us daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X