I've got a problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a problem

I just had my first day of school today, (I'm a senior in high school). My class lineup is not that bad and I like all of my teachers but one, my English teacher. Due to it being the first day, classes were 36 minutes instead of 55 minutes, but she gave us literally two assignments to do all at once. The first one was to fill out this activity sheet so she can see our learning styles (visual, auditory, etc). The worksheet was almost 40 questions and we had to tally up how much we got for each category. Then, she wanted us to write our name, birthday, address, email address,etc., on this index card and it just seemed like so much to do in a small period of time and she got irritated because we weren't fast enough to her liking. Then as it is time to go, she says "if you don't hand in that index card, it's considered a cut" (meaning that she would write us up for cutting class), like seriously it's the first day of school, cut us some slack.
    So I don't know what to do. 50% wants to switch out but my mom and aunt are saying to stay and give her a chance. But if she's acting like this now, I can't wait to see how this teacher is going to act for another 180 days.

I can understand why you would feel overwhelmed by her requests. It does seem unrealistic to expect everyone to rush through 2 assignments and then give you a cut if you aren't finished, but it was the first day so maybe the teacher was stressed out a little too. I don't know what her rational is. Can you give it a week before trying to change or do you need to do it right away? Maybe your family is right that you can give her another shot and see how it goes, it can take time to adjust to a new class, teacher, etc. It is up to you though so think about it, maybe right a pros and cons list on staying or switching. Good Luck and I hope you have a great year!! If you ever need to talk call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or text us @ 908-280-0235 between 4pm-8pm daily.

Comment

Congratulations on being a senior! It sounds like the teacher is really jumping into things when everyone is still transitioning back from summer. It is also kind of refreshing that a teacher wants to learn these things about her students and get to know you all. It may be worth adding a note on your index card or questionnaire how you work best or ask for a couple of minutes to meet with her and get to know her before you change your current schedule. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X