Secrets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secrets

i'm suicidal. exactly 4 people know about it: my parents, my previous therapist, and my friend. my friend has been through that too, and i can trust that person. or at least i thought i could. my friend panicked and told another person. i am really upset and i want to commit. i told my friend that i forgive them, and i do, but i can't iust shake it off. how can i get rid of these harmful thoughts?

Your friend didn't didn't do anything wrong by telling someone he/she thought could help you. It doesn't sound like they did it to gossip or treat your poorly, in fact, just the opposite, they sound like they were concerned about your well being and took steps to make sure you were ok. Imagine the situation was reversed and someone you cared about told you they were in danger and you couldn't help them. Would you sit with that information and let the danger continue or would you act on the knowledge you had and get someone who can help? As far as the thoughts themself, you should probably be in some form of therapy where you can discuss your suicidal thoughts. Check out this website for some additional ideas about dealing with suicidal thoughts: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
    And additionally use the NJ Hopeline if you ever feel the need to talk about suicide: http://www.njhopeline.com/
    Talking about it keeps you from acting on it, so make sure you tell people how you're feeling and if you ever get the idea to act on your thoughts, please reach out for help. There are always people around that care...including us, call or text us at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X