im scared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im scared

Before I write anything, I know they're my choices... but I seriously need ur input which is to why I took time off to type all this. So I im doing volleyball tryouts, and im honestly not good as the other gurls. I told myself just try cuz I have nothing to lose and something to gain. Yesterday, I missed a day because I overslept and lost the passion and now im thinking to actually go back to it. There is only 5 days of tryouts and I missed the 3rd. Im scared of coming back because hey, I missed an entire day of practice. I have pretty scary and strict coaches, so what should I tell them when I sign in tommorow? I know I will be tongue tied and nervous. What is a good lie to tell them because they wont let me into the team if I told them I overslept and didn't want to get up. What would be realistic to you? I was sick? Idk! Then, there are specific ppl there that bullied me when I was younger. I feel like I hit the ball wrong because im nervous. What should I do? And again.... I feel so awkward walking to the gym because (a) i missed a day and I dont know a good fake reason (b) everyone is experienced and good expect me (c) there are "specific ppl" there (d) I have no friends, like when I walk, I dont know who to sit with and I dont want to be a loner in front of the ppl that bullied me saying I have no friends. Do you think its worth to try? Because it takes too much time and rides and im all bruised up, do u think I should keep going for it? Oh god, im gonna be so nervous and shaky tommorow. Help me.

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. I know of difficult it must have been to write all this so we will help you the best that we can. If volleyball is something that you are passionate about and you think you might want to get back into it then I think you should go tomorrow. It can be nerve wracking when you don't have a lot of friends on the team, but many times once on a team your teammates can be come very close to you. If there are specific people that you don't like then distance yourself from them for the time being, until you feel comfortable. They may still not be very nice people or they may have changed as they grew up. When your looking for people to sit with, choose the people that you haven't had a problem with and just sit and try to make conversation. Most people are nervous for tryouts even if they are more experienced. As for what to tell your coaches, I'm not sure what the most believable thing is. Sometimes it can be easier to tell the truth, "I wasn't sure this is something I wanted to do, but I realized it is", "I'm really nervous about this and I'm sorry I missed yesterday's tryouts" or if you don't feel comfortable saying any of that many times saying something like "I'm sorry I couldn't make it yesterday I had a personal matter" is better than making an elaborate lie. If you want to talk more 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline is here 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us daily 4-8PM at 908-280-0235. Good luck at tryouts!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X