I messed up my life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I messed up my life

I chose to go to a college far below my stats, because they gave me a lot of money and had my major, however I totally regret not choosing another school that my parents would have let me go to then, but are now saying no to, now that I chose to enroll to the cheaper much worse school. They wont even let me transfer there. While the other one was 50k more expensive. By choosing the worse school, which was the least selective on my college list I feel like I threw away all the hard work I did in high school, because when I transfer schools will mainly see the mediocre school I am at now and not much what I did in high school. I also didnt want to run in college, when I chose where to go and now I changed my mind, and I want to go to a school where I can run on the team, only I have no idea how I am supposed to stay in shape with my one season of weak running at where I chose to go. I feel like the fact that I chose to go there is a total joke, and I feel like I am just going to screw around while everyone else is getting ahead with their futures. I wish I could go back and time and have chosen the other school with my major or a different college on my list that at least was a bit more selective and had a stronger reputation. I feel like simply submitting my deposit crushed everything that I had worked for in high school,and to top that my parents are being the worst people on the face of the planet, I say, "I want to fill out transfer apps for the spring", and they say "you have to give the school you chose a full year" well I dont want to! I earned a better place, and I just want to undo what I did. I wish I had stood up to my parents more, they said they would give me 5000 a year or $200 a week if I went to the worse school over the better one, because it was that much cheaper and they wanted me to go somewhere close to home. I wish I had just said, "NO, I want to go to a better school, I dont care about money", but that was not the case. I felt broke during all of high school and dressed worse than many of my peers, so I wanted to look and feel better and have less financial stress. Everytime I spent a dime in high school, I would constantly have the stress of what else I could have used the money for. I dont know know what to do, I am away right now and the last thing I want to do it go back home and go to the school 10 minutes from my house! I want to go away from home and grow up. I dont even feel like I am going to college, I feel like I am A. trapped in someone else's life or B. in some atrotiosly money filled messed up other world, not college. The fact that they are giving me that much money makes me feel gross and like this cant be right, I am supposed to be a broke college student, like everyone else. again I feel like i pressed a button that just screwed everything up, I feel like I dropped 40000 feet from the student I grew to be in high school. I dont want to stay at the school for a year, I dont know if my credits will transfer from the specific major program I am in, and I dont know if the same schools will take me, nor give me the merit aid, they gave me out of high school. I dont know who to ask for for help, I dont want to ask my high school counselor, becuase she likes where I chose to go to school, and I pretended to her that I do to. I feel like I am the only person in this situation, the people who made the wrong decisions, who I know were able to get their money back and change it, by the time I decided, it was to late and both my parents said no, I decided like 1 week before the deadline, and at that time, I thought my negative feelings would pass. I feel like everyone is all in their college sweatshirts, all happy about the schools that they feel they worked hard to get into, and I am stuck regretting a dumb decision, I have no power to undo. Also, in terms of transferring, I just wish that I had started in a better place, I moved schools into a town and everyone already had their friends, and it wasnt that easy to make them, I find people just starting college to be much more open.

That is a very difficult situation to be in for sure. There are a lot of times in life where you might wish you could go back in time and do something differently...unfortunately, that's not an option. What might be more helpful than grieving your decision is making the best of your current situation and making a decision to improve your future. Here are some things to consider. If your parents are controlling the finances, they have the ability to make the rules. So if you need their money, you have to stay at the school for the full year as they are requesting. However, if you want to take control of your own finances, you have the ability to make changes as you feel necessary. There are student loans and if you are a good runner, maybe the school you want to attend might have some money for you for that. Doing student loans will make it more difficult for you down the road, so make sure you consider that when making your decision. As far as who to contact, the admission office of the school you want to attend would be the place to start...even if you are going to choose to stay at your current school for a year, calling now and seeing what your status is would be beneficial. Make sure that you keep those grades up in college if you're hoping to transfer. Your potential school is going to want to make sure you are still applying yourself. Don't focus so much on the decisions you have made, but put your energy and focus into getting yourself out of the situation you are in and making yourself happy. Best wishes! Call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8pm @ 908-280-0235.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 07-08-2015, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Response

We already talked to admissions and student loans aren't enough to cover the financial gap, depending on how much they give me. I wish I could just have changed how I thought about it when I was making the decision before.

Comment

There are ways. You might have to take out the full amount of Fedeal Loans they alow you to and then take additional personal state loans if you really want go to another college on your own. You did mention that you run so maybe you can get a scholarship. Ask the University for the information to apply for scholarships, there are a ton. Also, please try to look at your situation as a road bump and not the worse decision you've made. Things sometimes are in our life for a reason, so that we can learn from it. I know you may not want to hear that when you are in the middle of the struggle but it happens. Another thing to remember is you get out of college what you want to get out of it, name does not matter so much its just what you do when your there. If you ever want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8pm @ 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X