Overwhelmed and anxious

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwhelmed and anxious

Hi. For all few months I've felt overwhelmed, which was understandable because I was busy. I was performing my last drama show, my last choir concert, application tests, finals (I nearly failed spanish) I just graduated on Friday.
    I've been weepy and emotional and can't control it well. I've set my family on edge and the last thing I want to do is upset them. When I do have free time I'm often tired or disinterested in the activities I so desperately wanted to do before. I overheard my mom saying she wanted to get me medication which bothered me because it made me feel like I was a problem in need of fixing with drugs. I'm just a little lost right now

Congratulations on graduating!!! It sounds like you are do for some rest and relaxation. There is nothing wrong with feeling like you just want to sleep when you have down time instead of doing other activities because you had a lot on your plate. Listen, when anyone has a lot of things going on the way you did it can be overwhelming and exhausting. Give yourself a break, you just accomplished a lot. Remember, self-care is the most important thing you can do for yourself, like doing things that are distressing. What do you do to focus and feel less stressed? Running? Listen to music? Draw? Journal? Yoga? Read? Cook? Find something that makes you feel re-energized, but first take a breather and not worry so much about your sleeping. Again, Congrats on all your accomplishments and if you need to talk call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7 or text us any day @ 908-280-0235 from 4-8pm.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X