Normal depression?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal depression?

Is it normal that sometimes when I'm feeling depressed I wish I was blind and that everything was black?

Sometimes I go in my room at night when I'm depressed and turn of all the lights suddenly so my eyes don't have time to adjust, and I can't see anything at all, and that comforts me. It feels fitting. And I absolutely hate it when my eyes adjust and I can see, and I have a sense of location and direction. Is that normal?

Everyone feels depressed sometimes but if you feel like it becomes too overwhelming then it might be time to reach out for help! There are solutions and resources out there. It sounds like it might benefit you to go to counseling, NJ Mental Health Cares number is 866- 202-4357.

Your method of closing your eyes and calming your thoughts can be considered a form of relaxation or meditation, so if it helps you do it! There is nothing wrong with it, but if you feel like you have to do it too often then again it might be time to get help. Here are a couple of other strategies to use as well:
    1. Journal
    2. Do things that you enjoy like reading, writing, cooking, listening to music, etc.
    3. Take care of yourself by eating a healthy diet, be physically active and sleep. Activity is proven to reduce stress and anxiety.

Just remember it is important not to isolate too much and keep things simple, one thing at a time. If you need to talk further about this or anything else, call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7 to help you! You can also text us @ 908-280-0235 every day from 4-8pm. I hope that helped you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X