Im a mental mess right now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a mental mess right now

So i recently moved and for about a year I have felt so lonely. I live far away from all of my new friends from school and old friends and i dont have someone who i can just casually have over because we always have to plan like rides home and stuff. I literally get home from school every day and watch tv until my parents get home, at 6ish. I do a sport but i still kind of live far away from those friends too. On weekends I usually text my friends and watch tv or go somewhere with my parents.
    Because of all this me and my old friends are not very close anymore. I mean, they are all close but I'm slowly moving out of the group. So basically, I just dont know what to do with myself. I dont have many people at my school who i connect with and the people i do connect with are all from different social groups so i dont feel like a part of anything.
    I have been very unhappy and i think maybe even depressed. I try to act like I'm fine in front of my parents but sometimes I'm literally about to cry because i feel like i have no friends.
    I dont know if it is me just not being social enough or if its my situation. I just dont know what to do and its ruining my social skills.
    Last week i had someone sleep over and i didn't even know what to do because i haven't had someone over in about a year. I used to be so fun and happy. Is it me? What can I do to help this situation? How do I stay motivated to try to keep making friends and keep the old ones I have while i live in a different town than everyone?

Moving is a very challenging thing to adjust to and takes time, so give yourself a break. I can understand your feelings of sadness because you are closing one chapter of your life and starting a new one so you’re bound to feel some loss. Adding to the move is now the change in friendships and feeling like your losing a connection with friends can be one of the hardest things, I can see why this hasn't been easy for you. However, try to look at the positives in your life! You still have a connection with your old friends, you had a friend stay over so you must of formed at least one friendship, you said you play sports so use that as a way to stay connected to new friends whether they live far or not. You have to give yourself time to adjust to the move and the new people, so you can then create new genuine friendships. Talk to your parents too, be honest so they now how you are feelings about the move. They are your support as well so use them.

Here are a few tips for making new friends; a great way to meet others is to take advantage of every social outlet school has to offer. Attend every game, band concert, choir concert, play, and any other event the school puts on that students can attend. The other thing to remember is that many kids in school don't have one friend, let alone several, so you are not alone. If you don't have time for this with the remaining months at school, remember to become involved in many activities next year to get on the right foot socially. I hope this has help and remember to give yourself time. If want to talk about this or anything, call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or you can text us on Fridays from 4-8 pm @ 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X