Cutting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting?

When I get bored at night I read through these posts. Everyone is always saying how cutting relieves them from the emotional aspect of it, and turning it into something physical. I need to do something with all my emotional stuff, and I want to start, but I'm afraid that people will find out and that it will hurt. I'm not even sure it's worth it, but I don't know what else to do

Cutting is not a healthy behavior to cope with your feelings and is not encouraged, so if you have not started then don’t. Here is an informative website that explains about what self injury is @ http://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/se...lf-mutilation/ and why its not healthy. Like you mentioned there are a number of reasons why people say they cut like it gives them release from stress, sadness, depression,etc., but again it is not a healthy way to release your stress and can complicate matters more. It's harmful behavior. Instead try to journal, getting your feelings out on paper can release some your feelings, start exercising it releases endorphins which makes you feel better emotionally & physically, listen to music, watch a funny movie, try to do things that make you smile. If you need further support call 800-DONTCUT (366-8288)- www.selfinjury.com or you can call us! If want to talk about this or anything, call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or you can text us on Fridays from 4-8 pm @ 908-280-0235.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 04-30-2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X