Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting

hello 2ndfloor,
    in my school theres some kids that cut themselves. I know that this relieves most people with their problems but I don't know how. why does cutting relieve people and why is it addicting?
    I just don't understand because one time last year I was really mad and depressed but only for like a week. during that time I tried to cut to, "see what the big deal is" and it didn't really "help". and I didn't get a relieved feeling.
    trust me im not depressed or even cutting now or ever, im just really curious about why people do this.

There are a number of reasons why people cut and like you mentioned people who cut explain that it gives them release from stress, sadness, depression, loneliness, anger, etc.. It is not a healthy behavior to cope with your feelings and is not encouraged. Here is an informative website that writes about what self injury is @ http://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/se...lf-mutilation/. If you ever need help or want to talk further call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or you can text us on Fridays from 4-8pm @ 908-280-0235.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 04-06-2015, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X