Do my friends care about me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do my friends care about me?

Hello, my name is Nick. Up until middle school, I didn't really have much friends (now I'm in my first year of high school). Then, I started to socialize a lot more and I developed some friendships in school. However, I've always felt like an afterthought. I was never invited to anything and rarely did I ever go out with a friend. Always on my request. Another thing I noticed is that there's a friend of mine who I talk to and hang out with but he always talks to me humorously. Never would he ask "How's your day?" like I notice he does to his other friends. That could be something on my end though since I never tried to ask anything serious with him. I feel like to him, I'm not a priority and is just simply someone there in the background for him. I feel like all my friends do that. Would they care if I died? Would they care if I wasn't in their life anymore? Thanks for reading and have a good day...

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. It is common to question our friendships at some point and wonder if they are sincere. Sometimes these things are out of our control while other times we have ways of potentially making them better. If you feel that the friendship is just surface level try asking them more personal questions. Make more plans, make your friends realize that you want to maintain these friendships and that they are important to you. Since you are a freshman in high school everyone is kind of adjusting to this new experience. Going from a school where you were less social to high school where you are much more social is an adjustment as well. You may feel that you are an after thought, but that may not be what your friends are thinking. Give it some more time but put the effort in to these friendships that you want from them in return, then you might see a change or feel better about them. Finally, yes, they would miss you if you were around. Even when people don't say it if you are a part of their life, you not being there would be extremely hard for them to handle. If you want to talk more call 2ndFloor Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228 or text us Fridays 4-8pm at 908-280-0235

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X