is this normal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this normal

i'm 16 and i've thought about suicide many times and even attempted it before. i've been depressed since i was about 12. i've been through an eating disorder. i still often think about suicide and spend majority of nights crying myself to sleep. is it normal for someone my age to be this depressed and feel this worthless? or am i mentally not ok? i really cannot remember a time when i was truly happy.

It is very brave of you to open up about your feelings and reach out for help, so be proud of yourself for that. It's not easy to admit that you need help. I am sorry you are feeling like this and no it is not normal to feel this way all the time. First off, I must say if you truly feel suicidal call 911 or go to your local hospital's crisis center for help (or just the ER). It's also important to tell someone that you trust, like your parents, a family member, a teacher, guidance counselor, school nurse, or doctor. There is no reason to go through all of this alone and there is help available! You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-TALK (8255) or call or visit The National Eating Disorder Association @ (800) 931-2237 www.nationaleatingdisorders.org for ways of coping with an eating disorder.

Just remember, if you are feeling depressed there is always help available. You don't need to go through it alone! There are solutions and resources out there. You are not alone in feeling like this. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime to talk at 888-222-2228 for more support. We are here 24/7 to help you! You can also text us @ 908-280-0235 on Fridays from 4-8pm. I hope that helped you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X