how do i tell my mom?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i tell my mom?

i'm very depressed, i have hurt myself in the past and often think of hurting myself still. i've tried telling my mom that i need to seek help but she keeps telling me that i'm probably just stressed with school and all. how do i tell her that i have a serious problem and need to get professional help without her telling me i'm "just stressed"?

It is really great that you have reached out to 2NDFLOOR and want help to cope with feeling depressed. A good way to cope with depression is to go to therapy or to talk about what is going on with someone that you trust. Some other ways that can help with feeling depressed are hanging out with trusted friends, exercising is a great one or just take a walk, read a book, or listen to music or even journal your feelings. Its a great way to get out your worries. Think about things that you enjoy doing!

As far as telling your mom, just be honest and say that you need to talk to someone. If you are in school then your guidance counselor can help you to talk to your mom or even talk to her with you. Just remember, if you are feeling depressed there is always help available. You don't need to go through it alone!

Here are some helpful resources; NJ Mental Health Cares (866) 202- 4357, you can get a local mental health provider or visit their website to get a screening @ www.njmentalhealthcares.org or The NJ Hopeline at 855-654-6735 www.njhopeline.com/index.htm where someone is always available to talk about your feelings. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime to talk further @ 888-222-2228 or you can also text us on Friday from 4-8pm @ 908-280-0235.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 03-23-2015, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X