Name change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change

I am 19 years old and i want to legally change my name. Ive spent some time familiarizing myself with the process and i have two questions; i cant afford a lawyer so i hope that they can be answered here.

My first question has to do with the fact that in order to change my name i need to provide an acceptable reason for the change. My reason is that i have done some pretty terrible things in my past and changing my name is part of my way of moving past what ive done and becoming a person i can be proud of. Is this an acceptable reason?

My second question has to do with the stipulation that i have to publish in a local newspaper both my court date and the final decision of the court. I dont understand this, why is it required?

I am understandably nervous about the process and dont want to start it until i fully understand what i am getting into. Any answers and/or advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    L

At 2NDFLOOR, we aren't lawyers, so it is really difficult for us to give out legal advice. However, it seems like you are on the right track with doing research. There are some lawyers out there who do "pro bono" legal work, meaning that their services are free. Another option would be to go to a lawyer who offers free consultation services. These are much more common than finding a pro bono lawyer. Usually, they can answer simple questions for no charge. They may even be able to lead you in the right direction to proceed with changing your name. Good luck! Please give 2NDFLOOR a call anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X