Drinking?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking?

I'm currently going through a confusing point in my life. Throughout my life I have never really been interested in drinking alcohol. Nobody in my family drinks so I was never exposed to it much and never really expected myself to partake in drinking. Now I am in college and it is around me a lot more. I know underage drinking is illegal but I'm having some internal conflicts with my morals, which is what I'm seeking help with (not a lecture on that I shouldn't drink). All of my friends are now drinking and to be honest I have gotten curious about it (which I never expected to happen). So I tried it out one night and I expected to feel really guilty about it but I actually had a fun time, which is confusing me even more because it's making me feel stuck. I was very safe about it and didn't push my limits but now I'm confused on my own morals. It seems like everyone is doing it and it shouldn't be a big deal but it's confusing me on who I think I am. I don't know if any of this makes sense but any advice will help. Is it weird that I don't feel bad and I don't feel like I'm doing something wrong? I feel like it should feel wrong but it didn't and I'm just very confused. Thanks in advance

Hello! Thanks so much for posting on the 2nd Floor Message Board. Of course you make sense! Your upbringing as you describe apparently is different from the peers you are associating with at college. The simple answer is that unfortunately there is no simple answer to your question! You and only you can sort out the confusion you have about your morals and your sense of right and wrong. As mature adults all individuals are faced with the decision of what parental morals they will retain as their own and which ones they feel are not in line with the type of person they have become or are becoming. It appears your struggling is such that you may want to consider seeking some brief individual therapy to assist you in sorting out your emotions on this topic. In a time when college drinking is out of control and causing many unnecessary tragedies, it's a relief to hear you say you were safe and didn't push limits. If you decide to continue experimenting with alcohol, please continue with such practices. Thanks for posting and please call us 24-7 at 888-222-2228 if you would like to speak to a support counselor. Have a great night and be safe!

2nd Floor

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X