Apathy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apathy

I've been feeling strand these past couple days, the only emotion I could really call it is apathy. I feel unmotivated, and uninterested about everything. My grades are the only thing that seem to spark any form or reaction from me. I realized there was a problem, when I found my mother crying in the kitchen, and I didn't care, i just simply got my drink and walked away. I don't fear death anymore, which before was my phobia, I don't feel happy, or sad. In all honesty i just feel numb, in a emotional, and mental way.
    Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Has anything changed recently in your life to make your feelings change in such a way? Are you on any medications that could be impacting you? Probably the best way to find out what is going on would be to look for some form of mental health therapy. You might even have some luck approaching a counselor in your school. No matter who you decide to approach about what you are experiencing, just make sure you do it. You don't want to hold in those feelings (or lack of feelings) especially if it is bothering you as much as it seems to be. Call us anytime or text us Fridays from 4pm-8pm at (908) 280-0235.

Comment

Yes I take medication, and yes some things have impacted me.

I take antidepressants, (prescribed by a doctor), and 1 or 2 years ago my father got deported, I have just realized that I can't remember his face, or voice, and its causing me a bit of sadness. I try to ignore it though because, I promised him I would be strong, and I don't want to feel bad about something that I can't change.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X