Helping others

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping others

I have been through things, a lot, the last 8 years of my life. I have been depressed, raped, dealt with mental struggles and thoughts. I have been suicidal as well as been through other things.

I feel an obligation to help others who have been through the same as well as other struggles. Every time I feel victory over an obstacle or just feel good, I still feel bad since I know the rest of the world is still suffering!

Since its depression, mental thoughts as well as suicidal thoughts that I have been through, in what ways can I help society?

(By the way, I already act positive towards others, I go online and try to give out advice to people that seem worse than me.)

It's great that you want to help people because of the experiences that you have had in your life. A great way to do so could be to share your experiences with others. It helps them to know they are not alone. You can post on message board posts that you can relate to or feel you could offer some positive words or advice. You may also think about volunteering at different organizations around you that deal with mental health issues. If you want to talk more call 2ndFloor Youth Helpline anytime @ 888-222-2228 we also now do texting every Friday 4-8PM @ 908-280-0235

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X