Vulnrable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulnrable

When I feel down and depressed, I feel vulnerable. I just don't know how to act or what to do to make myself feel better.

When I do feel this way, I also feel that people around me notice and realize how I feel. This part makes me feel vulnerable and angry, especially the negative ways they act or when they don't do anything to try and help me out.

If I feel people are focused on me, I get annoyed. I don't want people to see or focus on me. I am a person that feels comfortable in the background. This way,I don't have to worry about catching the attention of the wrong type of people.

When I feel down, I usually try to think positive. I will try to think anything to make myself feel better. Its a bit embarrassing but if it makes me feel better, than I am proud.

Also, when I feel good,I feel happy and secure. I feel powerful, especially compared to those that I find negative and ignorant. Lately, I have been thinking more of God and having faith when I feel down, it does work!

I plan on getting help.

What do you think?

First of all thanks for reaching out to us for advice! Feeling down and depressed can definitely make anyone feel vulnerable or weak; so you are not alone in your feelings. However, it sounds like you are a very optimistic person, and have started to come up with a lot of great strategies to help yourself not feel depressed. Channeling positive thoughts is a great way to switch your mind from thinking negatively, no matter how silly the positive thought may be. In fact, it may help you to keep a journal of these positive thoughts, so you can reference them when you are feeling down. Looking to religion is also a great idea! Many people find a lot of strength and helpful resources within their faith or religious community. You may want to locate your local religious center (depending on your religious belief) and see how you may be able to get involved. It sounds like you are on the right track to making yourself feel better, just keep focusing on those positive thoughts and cutting out the negativity!

If you wish to talk more about this or anything else, feel free to call 2NDFLOOR at 1-888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X