Spirit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit

I am concerned about the well-being of my spirit. Every since I first went to a mental hospital, I have been trying to make sure that I am okay. I have always been having bouts of depression and feeling down. I feel that I always need to have my guard up, that is how i felt when i was in the hospital. Especially before the hospital, i was going through a lot.

I always feel that I am going to get hurt in some way by something or someone, either sooner or later. I feel that I need spiritual protection of some sort. I feel that I am the victim of something or some one as though something or someone is after me. I used to think that someone is trying to kill me. I don't think that anymore.

To me, the spirit is very important and I believe that if everyone had healthy spirits, then this world would be a better place.
    In this world, I know people are not feeling good, and I would like to help. I know I have to help myself first!

The spirit is important and if the spirit is down, the person is down.

What should I do to keep myself up and secure?

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It is brave of you to reach out and acknowledge that you would like advice on how to better your spirit. Many have different beliefs as to why they may be feeling a certain way, it is great to hear that you have narrowed down what you feel may be causing your sense of depression or feeling down.

In order to determine how to better your spirit, it may help you to define what "spirit" means to you. You can do this by talking to a counselor for an outsiders perspective. To locate counselors, you can try asking your local hospital, what counselors they recommend. Since you mentioned you have been to specific hospitals, it may have also help to speak with officials from those places, since they are aware of your history. If you have health insurance, you can also contact your provider to find out what counselors are in your network and covered.

Or if "spirit" has more of a religious context for you, it may help to talk to different spiritual leaders to get their input. You can do this by researching the different religious/spiritual locations (ie churches/temples/mosque/ etc) in your town or county, to determine which may relate most to your beliefs. Many religious/spiritual centers offer the chance to meet with a representative from that center if you are trying to join as a new member. Joining centers like this may also help to give you a sense of community and supportive people to rely on.

Lastly, if you prefer to have a group setting for Support to better your spirit, you can try to search online for local support groups in your area. A helpful website for Self Help Groups is www.njgroups.org. There is also a mental health helpline available that may be able to provide you further resources over the phone. The helpline is called Mental Health Cares and the number is 866-202-HELP.

If you would like to talk more about what your "spirit" means to you, or anything else, please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 1-888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X